Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I truly never thought

that a person of color would be elected President in my lifetime. Tonight I am overwhelmed with happiness. My children will have a kind of hope that I imagined and believed in but never really possessed until today. Tonight I feel that voters voted for their ideals and for just that kind of hope--that we have a president now that we can respect, that we can feel truly has the best interest of citizens at heart, that wants to change the world in a real and positive way.

I might become a parent during this presidential term. Thank God or whoever it is running things that I can be an idealist again in time to be a parent, which is pretty much just in time.

1 comment:

Mayumi said...

amen, sister. our notjustyet children are going to grow up in a world where so much more is possible and it fills with so much joy i don't know where to put it.